Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Opening this Friday: "Up in the Air"

I haven't written that much lately about current offerings at the movies and that's been for a reason - there hasn't been too much to get excited about, which is unusual for the fall when studios typically roll out their best in hopes of snagging a contender for Oscar season.

That looks like it will change this weekend with the opening of "Up in the Air" starring George Clooney and Vera Farmiga which is directed by Jason Reitman, who directed both "Juno" (absolutely loved!!) and "Thank You For Not Smoking" (really liked). Not to mention what sounds like an amazing soundtrack - it's playing in the background right now on my Mac. Click here to check it out.

If you like your romance & comedy just a little bit offbeat, this film may be for you. Viewing the movie's website while having the soundtrack on in the background, I couldn't help but be reminded of "Garden State". Except in this case, it's for the slightly older set not just the Gen Y hipsters.

I'm hoping I'll be able to see it sometime in the next week, will report back with what I hope will be a glowing review!

No comments: