Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Book pick

I probably won't have time to write any lengthy posts over the next few days. What you may see, instead, is quick nuggets as they hit me.

Here's one - just read a blurb on a book I'd like to read, thought I'd share it with you: David Cristofano's "The Girl She Used to Be". I don't know that I've read anything by the author before but the premise sounds intriguing: a girl, Melody, who was forced to enter witness protection at a young age when she and her family witnessed a violent act. As a result, their lives are altered--Melody & her family are continually moving to new towns & taking on new names. Flash forward 20 years to her encounter with a man who refers to her as Melody, telling her she's just a pawn in the government's war against the Mafioso family to which he belongs. Ooh! This one may have just jumped to the top of the list : )

What are you all reading right now? Please use comments to post about any good or great reads! Or, any ones to steer clear of...

No comments: