Friday, October 16, 2009

To Do List

I don't know about you but for as many books as I've read and movies as I've watched, there are still SO many classics, cult sensations and pop icons that I've missed.

Here are a few on my 'to do' list - don't judge! ;)

"The Bicycle Thief"
"Das Boot"
"Chariots of Fire"
"Taxi Driver"
"Apocalypse Now"
"Rabbit, Run" - John Updike
"Chinatown" (I know!! Double gulp!)
"Sophie's Choice"
"The Big Lebowski" ('The Dude' would not be pleased...)

These are just a few on my 'to do' list - what's on yours? Please share anything you feel you've missed in the comments section!
(See, this is much cooler than the normal 'to do' list where entries may include the more mundane 'do laundry', 'pick up dry cleaning', 'go grocery shopping', 'mail package', etc.)

I will say that the few listed above aren't as glaring as some omissions that I didn't see until recently (and by recent, in this instance, I'm speaking in broad strokes...as in last five years): "Caddyshack" (let's put it this way...my dad gently mocked me for not having seen!); "Animal House" (ditto - in fact, I believe when I finally saw this comedic classic in '05, it was with my parents. Yep, they're pretty hip!); "Ordinary People" (my mom had recommended this to me for years. And years. When I finally got around to it - I absolutely adored it. It is now one of my all-time favorites, though not one to be watched if you're you're a little down. And, have a box - or two - of tissues handy.); "Kramer vs. Kramer" - these were just a few of the 'blanks' I filled in.


No comments: