Saturday, May 2, 2009

"Respect the Process" and See "I Love You, Man"!!

I'm not even sure where in the movie the 'Respect the process' line is from...but it doesn't matter; what I am sure of is this--you will LOVE this movie!! My only condition to this recommendation - you must already like the comedy of Judd Apatow, Will Ferrell, Jason Segel, Seth Rogen, etc. In the event you don't find their silly, slightly immature, often raunchy, brilliant humor uproariously, fall-out-of-your seat funny then you just saved yourself $8-12 on a ticket (depending on your location).

Great comedic pairing of Jason Segel & Paul Rudd in the leads. Peter (Paul Rudd) has just become engaged to Zooey (Rashida Jones, formerly of "The Office") and it becomes painfully obvious that while she is easily able to gather eight of her closest friends to be bridesmaids, Peter has no one to stand up as his best man. As his family explains, 'he's always been more of a girlfriend guy'. So, he sets out to find a best friend. He receives some help along the way from his gay brother, Robbie (a very funny Andy Samberg) as well as from his mother (the wonderful Jane Curtin). Peter eventually meets Sydney (Jason Segel) and it's love at first sight. Sydney is everything that Peter is not - casual, cool, goes with the flow - and he seems to have a confidence in himself that Peter is missing. It's a great pairing and these two actors are two of my comedic favorites--I loved Rudd's work for years - "40 Year Old Virgin", "Anchorman" - and Segel is great as part of the ensemble cast of "How I Met Your Mother" and really carried the lead in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall", another great comedy with so many funny supporting cast (including Kenneth from "30 Rock"!). "I Love You, Man" also includes Jon Favreau & Jamie Pressly in smaller roles - both are funny and make the most of their material, particularly Favreau. Finally - as an added bonus - if you've ever liked Rush (or known people who have!)...well, they're featured in this movie as well.

I think an IMDB user summed up "I Love You, Man" best by saying - 'I loved it, man'. Me, too.


SEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

No comments: