Friday, July 3, 2009

"thirtysomething" - FINALLY coming to DVD!!!

This was too good not to share--Season 1 of "thirtysomething" is set to be released to DVD on August 25th!!

This much beloved show aired for four seasons, 1987-1990. Needless to say, I did not watch it back then as I was 13 when the show began...just a wee bit too young, lol. (I did have friends who watched the last season or two when we were 15 & 16...gotta wonder, though, what their grasp of the material was since the show focused on navigating the challenges of marriage, careers & parenthood).

It will be interesting to watch now that we're actually thirtysomethings ourselves with many of us married with kids while juggling work. It's also one of those shows that seems like it was truly groundbreaking television and may have been ahead of its time. I'm just hoping it doesn't seem dated. I already know I like at least two of the actors - real-life husband and wife, Ken Olin & Patricia Wettig. Olin & Wettig are just two of the stellar cast of "Brothers & Sisters", which regularly forces me to stay up far later than I'd like on a Sunday night since it starts at 10pm...it's that good!!

Guess we know what I'll be doing sometime on August 25th! : )

UPDATE: I just found out that esteemed director Paul Haggis ("Million Dollar Baby", "Crash") was a Producer for "thirtysomething". Thought I'd mention as I know a few of my readers are big Haggis fans...

No comments: