Saturday, September 12, 2009

Happiness is...

an afternoon at the bookstore :)

Thanks to a recently found Barnes & Noble gift card, I had the opportunity to wander the aisles yesterday, bringing a little joy to an otherwise very somber day.

I went there with a few authors/books in mind - Liz Rosenberg, Claire Cook, "Beach House" by Georgia Bockhoven - and didn't purchase any of them!! Of course, I do still want to read these authors but it's nice to have some time to browse...see what finds might present themselves. I cannot resist the siren call of a well laid-out display table of books...ah, book nirvana!

I purchased four new books-- including two by author Julie Buxbaum, "After You" and "The Opposite of Love".

I've already started "After You" and it's a pageturner so far - I'm about seventy pages in. Ellie is a married woman in her mid-30's living in Boston when a tragedy summons her to London: her best friend has been murdered. Ellie doesn't think twice about dropping everything to go and stay with Lucy's husband, Greg, and Lucy's eight-year-old daughter, Sophie, who is Ellie's goddaughter. You may have noticed that Ellie's husband, Phillip, hasn't been mentioned and that is because he doesn't join her in London, which says volumes about the current state of their union.

Will keep you posted as I read more and let you know if this one is worth adding to YOUR reading list :)


No comments: