Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thirtysomething: first review

It's official - I'm hooked on "thirtysomething".

Each night, I'm watching an episode and a half (or so)...until I finally have to give in to sleep.

I really liked that the first episode (the pilot) just jumped right in to the thick of their lives...there wasn't a lot of lay-up or lengthy introductions. As a result, I did get two characters' names confused but it was otherwise easy to follow. The dialogue is quick, the banter witty and much of what they're saying still seems relevant, even though this show first aired twenty-two years ago; we may be wearing different styles in 2009 (which, thankfully do not include shoulder pads!) yet trying to juggle it all - parenthood, careers, friendships - is still something most people contend with, whether their jeans are Sassoon or True Religion.

Stay tuned...


2 comments:

Sean Haubert said...

Double duty - you watch it while it helps me fall asleep...

Laura said...

Yes, it should be noted that reader "sh" - or most men - are not the intended demographic for this show.