Sunday, August 2, 2009

Eric Bana DOES do funny!

This is a quick follow up to a post in the last week or two about upcoming "must-see movies" in which I was a little surprised by Eric Bana being a part of The Apatow's most recent movie, "Funny People", which opened this weekend. Many of the cast are Apatow regulars - Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Leslie Mann (also, his wife in real life).

Thanks to NPR on the way up to Oswego this weekend, I learned that Bana was a stand-up comedian in Australia for years before shifting to acting...go figure.

Just wanted to share this update with you, my loyal readers :)

Speaking of funny people...has anyone seen the movie yet?? If so - please share thoughts, either in comments or drop me an email. I had read a few mixed reviews and my excitement to see this film was beginning to waver until the ride home from Oz when I heard an interview with both Apatow and Rogen on the Stern show (yessss, you did read that correctly, lol).

We are just back from the three-day weekend with the fam so may not get to see it until next weekend...stay tuned...

No comments: